My photo
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Elected as a Member of the British Columbia Legislative Assembly for the Constituency of Saanich South on May 12, 2009. New Democratic Opposition Critic for the Ministry of Agriculture and Lands. Raised on Quadra Island and has an undergraduate degree from the University of British Columbia. Extensive track record as a community leader, advocate and environmental activist.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

How can you help?

I am sitting here this evening and playing conversations over in my head from the days many phone calls. It is so great to get calls and emails from people who are 100% behind this idea. People who live in Victoria and the rest of Vancouver Island who have been living their life as if there already is a ban in place. What a great group of people. The question that is most frequently asked is this:

How can we help?

You can help me by writing a letter of support. I need as many letters of support as I can get to present to all Municipalities and to the CRD.

I need to be able to say:

"Look at these! These are letters from people in our CRD that care about our environment and care about our world. These are people who care enough to write a letter of support for this idea to reduce plastic bags in our region. These are people who are speaking with me!"

That's what I need from you.

Good night and thanks,

Lana