My photo
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Elected as a Member of the British Columbia Legislative Assembly for the Constituency of Saanich South on May 12, 2009. New Democratic Opposition Critic for the Ministry of Agriculture and Lands. Raised on Quadra Island and has an undergraduate degree from the University of British Columbia. Extensive track record as a community leader, advocate and environmental activist.

Friday, February 1, 2008

What will we use for our garbage if we don't have plastic grocery bags?

What will we use to put our garbage in?

This is the number one question I get from people when they contemplate a plastic grocery bag ban. I always try and shoot back this question: "Why do we buy so much garbage?"

It is almost overwhelming when we try and navigate through all the packaging that is pushed on us everyday. My friend Ian Graeme sent me this link and I think it is worth taking 20 minutes to watch. You may not agree with all of it, but it does make you think.

The Story Of Stuff